2013-10-02 00:07:04 +02:00

19 lines
1.1 KiB
Raw Blame History

This file contains ambiguous Unicode characters

This file contains Unicode characters that might be confused with other characters. If you think that this is intentional, you can safely ignore this warning. Use the Escape button to reveal them.

I have decided to rewrite my web site engine ( currently in PHP with Symfony 2) in Python, using the [Django Framework](
## Nice. Why?
See my [blog post]( about it. However, the story is a bit more than this.
* I am writing a C library using GLib and GObject
* for that, I have written some Python examples
* while testing “my” Python bindings, the Django Framework came into my mind, as I have already heard about it before while I was developing using Symfony 2
* I took a look, then took a big breath
* I learned Python and Django in about 6 hours (no, I havent mastered either of them; just learned the basics)
* Ive converted my old, heavyweight Symfony project (~250MB with the `vendors` folder) to Django (~60MB with all the required libraries)
## I think you did this-or-that wrong
As I said, Im no Python expert, which means there may be stuff that is against best practice. If you point me out, I will be grateful!