You cannot select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
|Gergely Polonkai 37061fe7d7||9 years ago|
|basics||9 years ago|
|blog||9 years ago|
|gergelypolonkaiweb||9 years ago|
|static||9 years ago|
|.gitignore||9 years ago|
|README.md||10 years ago|
|manage.py||10 years ago|
|migrate.sql||9 years ago|
|requirements.txt||9 years ago|
I have decided to rewrite my web site engine (http://gergely.polonkai.eu/ – currently in PHP with Symfony 2) in Python, using the Django Framework.
See my blog post about it. However, the story is a bit more than this.
- I am writing a C library using GLib and GObject
- for that, I have written some Python examples
- while testing “my” Python bindings, the Django Framework came into my mind, as I have already heard about it before while I was developing using Symfony 2
- I took a look, then took a big breath
- I learned Python and Django in about 6 hours (no, I haven’t mastered either of them; just learned the basics)
- I’ve converted my old, heavyweight Symfony project (~250MB with the
vendorsfolder) to Django (~60MB with all the required libraries)
I think you did this-or-that wrong
As I said, I’m no Python expert, which means there may be stuff that is against best practice. If you point me out, I will be grateful!