The SSH host key has changed on 8 April, 2022 to this one: SHA256:573uTBSeh74kvOo0HJXi5ijdzRm8me27suzNEDlGyrQ
Old, Django based sources of the site gergely.polonkai.eu
You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
 
 
 
 

18 lines
1.1 KiB

# gergely.polonkai.eu
I have decided to rewrite my web site engine (http://gergely.polonkai.eu/ – currently in PHP with Symfony 2) in Python, using the [Django Framework](https://www.djangoproject.com/).
## Nice. Why?
See my [blog post](http://gergely.polonkai.eu/blog/2013/09/24/from-symfony-to-django-in-two-days.html) about it. However, the story is a bit more than this.
* I am writing a C library using GLib and GObject
* for that, I have written some Python examples
* while testing “my” Python bindings, the Django Framework came into my mind, as I have already heard about it before while I was developing using Symfony 2
* I took a look, then took a big breath
* I learned Python and Django in about 6 hours (no, I haven’t mastered either of them; just learned the basics)
* I’ve converted my old, heavyweight Symfony project (~250MB with the `vendors` folder) to Django (~60MB with all the required libraries)
## I think you did this-or-that wrong
As I said, I’m no Python expert, which means there may be stuff that is against best practice. If you point me out, I will be grateful!